The following is just a few of the recent projects successfully designed and completed by Brian J. Hawkins, Architect, PC
New Medical Clinic Expansion for Fairchild Medical Clinic, Yreka, California
We co-designed an approximately 22,000 SF addition to an existing Clinic for Fairchild Medical Center (across the street from the hospital). This type of project is called an “MOB” (Medical Office Building), and it was designed to the lowest level of State requirements for medical facilities, OSHPD Level 3. In California, the Office of Statewide Health Planning & Development reviews most medical projects. Fortunately, the local building department reviewed the project, and we didn’t need to send it to Sacramento for plan-check, saving a lot of time. There are no medical gases in this project. A considerable amount of coordination, providing CAD plans, etc., to the hospital’s vendors (furniture, security, med records rolling file system, signage/way-finding, computer cabling, etc.) and their Interior Designer.
The hospital hired the original hospital designer (a semi-retired Architect from Sacramento) to generate the program of required spaces and to sketch a layout to establish adjacencies and proper function. We worked with him, met many times with him and staff from the various departments involved, and developed the design drawings and then the Construction Documents (plans and specs). The project’s appearance was the result of the requirement to “match existing”, and fitting the needed spaces on the available site. We developed a detailed cost estimate during the DD Phase, and wrote the 2-volume Project Manual (consultants wrote their own specs, of course). We created the computer 3-D renderings using SketchUp. We put the project out to bid to a pre-qualified list of General Contractors. We incorporated a number of Value Engineering measures at the Owner's request.
Construction began in August, 2010, and was completed in the Fall of 2011. Construction Administration included weekly meetings at the job
site, review of RFI’s and Apps for Pay, preparation of RFP’s and Change Order Requests (COR’s). The Client moved into the building in August/September.
Functions / Departments included were:
· New Entrance and Corridor
· Two new Waiting & Registration Areas
· Imaging (basic X-Ray)
· Lab & Blood Draw
· Infusion/Medication Administration (I-V stations)
· Two major Nurses’ Stations (plus one satellite station)
· Six (6) Procedure Rooms (includes two Casting Rooms for Orthopedics)
· Twenty-Four (24) Exam Rooms in two major “pods”
· Information Systems/IT Department with Server Room
· Business Department
· Medical Records expansion
· Offices for Clinic Director, MD’s and Mid-Levels
· Employee Break Room
· Environmental Services, including Soiled and Clean Utility Rooms, and Storage
· Materials Management Room/Warehouse
· Ancillary services: Toilets for Public & Staff, Janitorial, Engineering Storage, etc.
More photos of this project:
Single Family Custom Residential Addition & Remodel
See a listing of other residential projects by clicking here
Enterprise Branch, Bank of Eastern Oregon
- New (de-novo) 4,000 Sq. Ft. Branch Bank
- Rural Location: City of Enterprise, Wallowa County, Oregon
- Designed in the Regional Rustic Vernacular, appropriate for the site
- Incorporates circular Teller Line Cabinetry and exposed interior timber trusses
- Includes offices for Loan Officers
- Designed to be well above flood plain
Greyhound Bus Terminal, Medford, Oregon
- Part of New Intermodal Transfer Facility
- Collaboration between Medford Urban Renewal Agency, Rogue Vally Transit Authority (Property Owner), and Greyhound Bus Lines (Tenant)
- Designed to relate to historic Medford Train Depot to the north
- General Contractor: Adroit Construction Company, Inc.
See a list of other commercial project by clicking here